Reciprocal General Journeyman (J) Last updated 05/29/2019Print this page Back to search results
Prerequisites and Requirements
PrerequisitesYou may reciprocate if you have:
(1) An equivalent or higher license from the reciprocal state that is current and active with no violations or conditions attached within the past three years; and
(2) Qualified for the licensing exam in the reciprocal state through required work experience; and
(3) Passed the licensing exam in the reciprocal state with a score of 75 percent or better; and
(4) Worked a minimum of six months (1,000 hours) under the license from the reciprocal state; and
(5) Not failed the Oregon licensing examination for the license type you are reciprocating within the past two years.
Required Documentation(1) A two-inch by two-inch passport-style photo of yourself.
(2) A copy of your active license from the reciprocal state. You must include any violation history within the past three years.
(3) Completed license verification form (Page 3 of this application).
(4) The employment information below, which must include a minimum of six months (1,000 hours) work under the license from the reciprocal state.